A classic documentary from Agnes Varda available for the first time in the US, Daguerreotypes is a wonderfully intimate portrait of the small shops and shopkeepers on a short stretch of the Rue Daguerre, a picturesque street that has been the filmmaker's home for more than 50 years. As in her films The Beaches of Agnes and The Gleaners and I, Varda opens up a fantastic world in microcosm; a picture of a city and a way of life that no longer exist.
SPECIAL FEATURES: - "Rue Daguerre in 2005" (21 minutes)
- "Bread, Painting & Accordion"(8 minutes)
- "Fete de la Musique rue Daguerre 2005" (3 minutes)
- "Daguerreotypes: Photographic Objects" (6 minutes)
- Bonus Short: "T'as de beaux escaliers, tu sais" available on the Cinevardaphoto DVD
· Essay by film critic Haden Guest